I love this time of year when fresh strawberries are plentiful! Tonight I was looking for some new recipes and came across this cobbler. I've never eaten strawberry cobbler but I'm sure I'm going to love it. Let me know what you think if you try it.
A quick and easy Southern crowd-pleaser made with fresh strawberries.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1¼ cup, divided granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter in a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Stir in ¼ cup granulated sugar with the strawberries and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, then add the sugar and whisk until well blended. Slowly stir in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Once butter is melted, slowly pour in the batter over the butter but do not stir.
- Then gently spoon the strawberries and any accumulated juices over the mixture and DO NOT STIR.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top then bake for 45 mins to one hour until golden brown.
- Serve hot or room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
Serving size: ¾ cup