1

1

September 19, 2010

Miniature Hornet's Nest

Last winter I made a 1" scale flower shop and thought it would be fun to have a hornet's nest on display on the outside.  I experimented with a piece of a cardboard drink carrier and this is what I came up with.  I moistened the cardboard and then molded it around a tiny limb.  I thought it was pretty realistic.   One day I noticed a small pile of sticks and gray paper on the floor and realized that my nest had fallen and Arabelle had reshaped it for me.  I'll have to take time to make another soon and be more careful to glue it in place next time!      



It wasn't me!


1 comment:

  1. oh come on mom... it's just something to play with... isn't Arabelle?

    ;)

    nice work Sharon it is realistic , yeah.
    have a nice sunday!
    Cintia

    ReplyDelete