1

1

October 18, 2010

Thrift Shop Find!

I bought this beautiful doll in a thrift shop in South Carolina for five dollars.  I don't know much about dolls, but there is a trademark on the back of her neck that says Heritage Mint and dated 2000.  I have a feeling she was a very expensive little girl and probably from one of the ads you might see in the weekly newspaper magazine.

Her face was marked with some type of black marker which came off with nail polish remover.  The little pink dress was very soiled but came out looking new when laundered.  Her skin is so realistic looking, especially the dimples in her hands and feet, and cleaned up beautifully. 

I don't collect dolls but thought she definitely deserved a good home and now she sits in my guest room looking beautiful all the time!

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning...thank you so much for visiting! You have done a wonderful job on your new blog ~ I felt like I took a mini vacation this morning ~ what a great way to start my week!! I love your little doll house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your compliments!

    ReplyDelete