1

1

June 18, 2011

The Murder of Mary Phagan

"Powerful, true-life story of the 1913 murder of a young female factory worker in Atlanta and the  manager tried and convicted of the crime. Jack Lemmon turns in a superior performance as Georgia governor John Slaton, who puts his political career on the line by questioning the verdict. "


Sandy on the left, me on the right.

In the summer of 1987, my friend, my daughter (10) and I were extras in this movie.  It was filmed in a beautiful old section of the city of Richmond called Church Hill.  Our dresses were hot, the shoes hurt our feet, and our scenes were cut, but we had a great time.




Jack Lemmon took naps when not filming.  He was not friendly with the
extras. However, my Amy decided to check him out anyway.

It was amazing to see the dogs riding on the backs of the horses.

My friend is retiring in a couple weeks.  We're considering resuming our movie careers.  (giggle)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a neat thing to do! Great that you got these photos also. Who cares if your scenes were cut. You still have the memory and story right?

    ReplyDelete