1

1

July 16, 2011

Corgi Topiary, Teacups, and Misc.

I thought you might like to see how my corgi topiary is growing this summer.  Angela at West Virginia Treasures sent me a box of hens and chickens to use for the collar and they have done so well.

Also, last week when I posted about my teacup birdfeeders, Angela suggested that I include a teapot in the trio.  Well, what do you think?  I love it!



Saturday is flea market day at my house.  Today I found two treasures for a $1 each.

First, I found this Ball jar full of beautiful old buttons.  You know how I love buttons!  I washed the jar, dusted off the buttons and put it on my sewing table just to look at.



Second, I bought this Nordic Ware cake pan.  I haven't seen this tulip design before.  I love to bake my pound cakes in these pans.  I've learned over the years that the key to getting your cake out of the pan smoothly is Baker's Joy Spray with Flour.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous Sharon! I love it! The chickens look wonderful for the collar. I love the teapot too! It looks great with the teacups! You would have to have the cutest yard in your neighborhood!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea with the hen and chicks! You really have some good flea markets around there. Great finds. I love button jars. My mom used to have one. My sisters and I all played in it and all five of my daughters have played in it. Just something about buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy with this post , nice topiary ( I would love get one like that ! ) And the birdfeedres are cool . a kinda of Alice stuff ;D like in Wonderland !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The topiary is looking good, are you going to add anything else?

    Teapot looks cute with the cups!

    Buttons, what can I say that you don't already know?

    Love the bundt pan! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sharon!!! I love your topiary; the hens and chicks are just perfect for it! I also collect old buttons, and we would have had to wrestle for the jar! :-))) And just another thing we have in common, I also love to bake cakes in these types of pans--I hardly ever use a mix, scratch cakes to me, are the best! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to do a rabbit topiary, I found some metal forms online. Yours looks wonderful!

    PS, thanks again for the dress, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello - that Angela is a sweetheart too.

    Love your tea cups and your flea market find.

    Wonder if you can bake zucchini break in that Nordic pan? Looks solid - I have seen them before.

    Love,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh these are just so cute! I love that pan!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete