1

1

August 2, 2011

Crazy Stupid Love

About once a month, I get together with two or three friends for a movie date. Last night we saw Crazy Stupid Love starring Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling (wow!), Julianne Moore and Emma Stone.  It had lots of unexpected twists  and was so funny.  Great casts of stars too.  Josh Groban even had a cameo appearance.  I think he should probably stick to his "day job".

I believe Emma Stone is also in the movie, The Help, which starts next week.  The previews look great.   Another great preview we saw was One Day starring Anne Hathaway.


I love going to the movies on Tuesdays.  I get a "senior ticket" for $7 and Tuesday's special popcorn for $2.  Of course, I take my own drink (sssh).

5 comments:

  1. Glad you visit to the movies was a good one. Don't waste your money on Tree of Life. At one point I thought I had walked into the wrong movie! It was not good. The Help looks good. Not too many movies I care to see this summer, but I am going to see Harry Potter! Take care, Sharon. Keep cool! xxoo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fun - movie date. My daughter is sending me "The Help" book on tape. She said it is long, but very well read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie does sound good from the previews on tv. I took the kids to see Cars 2 with free tickets I got from buying some videos. I actually got 3 free tickets. I bought a large popcorn and 2 large drinks and paid $17! I about died that it cost that much! lol About 2 weeks later I took my daughter to see Harry Potter in the morning. Tickets were only $10 for the both of us. This time I was smart and snug in our own drinks but I bought popcorn! lol Think it was $5 or $7 for that.

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the first one I've known that has seen this, and I can't wait to see it now! THANKS for the good review and reminder of how much fun a matinée can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder that it's time for me to slow down my life and enjoy a movie! My husband is taking our sons camping this weekend, so perhaps it will be movie day for me.

    ReplyDelete