1

1

January 7, 2013

Feeling Pretty Lousy!

The last few days, I've been "under the weather" with a serious sinus infection.  I've spent most of the time lounging around, watching TV and reading.  I'm one of those people who can't be still too long so I frequently jump up and put some Christmas decorations away.
 
Yesterday I started the book, Blackberry Winter, by Sarah Jio.  I couldn't put it down and finished it last night.  The term  "blackberry winter" is an old fashioned weather term for a late season cold snap.  The novel is based on the disappearance of a three year old boy in May, 1933.  This is the first book by this author that I've read.  I think I'll check at the library tomorrow for another one.
 
I haven't felt like taking pictures of my projects but will post about them soon. 

7 comments:

  1. First off, your header is great. Second... we have had the "Kansas Flu" here for two weeks, so I can commiserate. I love hearing about good books, and will go look for this author tomorrow at our library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer post title... I hope you feel well soon. But it is a good time to read some good books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better soon. We know the feeling, can't do anything but can't sit still. Not nice. Sending healing paw. Have a terrific Tuesday if you can.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds really interesting Sharon and I may have to check that author out!
    Sorry to hear you are under the weather and I hope your sinuses will clear up soon! I am looking forward to catching up in 2013, take care of yourself!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems to be a season full of colds and flus....more than usual. Hope you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel I was sick all last week and I still have a bad sinus infection.

    take care of yourself

    Love
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, seems like everyone is sick now! Sounds like you made the best of it!! Thank you for stopping by my selling series, it will be great to see what my guest bloggers have to say...

    Carol

    ReplyDelete