1

1

April 8, 2013

Yard Work and Totems




 
For the last several days, I've started my days having coffee on the front porch and then worked in  my yard most of the day.  I've been weeding, putting down mulch and raking leaves.  I am so out of shape and by night every bone in my body is squeaking and my muscles are aching.
 
 

This little corgi princess took naps in the sunshine while I was  doing yard work.  I'm almost finished and everything looks so green and pretty.  I love this time of year!

Over the weekend I made these two yard totems. They are easy to make and inexpensive if you buy the dishes at yard sales, flea markets, etc.  They are not inexpensive if you buy them in a shop. These two would probably cost about $40 each. Be sure you use marine epoxy if you decide to make one.  Mine are mounted on copper pipe. Email me if you want more info.
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon:
    Your totems are really cool, and I'm sure they add just the perfect amount of "sparkle" to your garden. Which one of your sweet girls is she? I'm loving your new blog look, too! Perfect for you, my friend. (I wish I were a gardener!)
    Have a great week and enjoy the weather.
    xoxo
    Donna and Tag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet your garden is really pretty. We still don't have good enough weather to get started. Sigh. Love you totems. Neat idea. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the achy bones after spring yard work. It doesn't matter whether I'm in shape or not, all the mulching does me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard and your house are all so magical. I love everything.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always a joy coming here to visit you. Everything is so pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been so busy with the A to Z, writing stories as best I can. It is a lot of fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at this stuff! Love your ideas. Also love the sunshine in your photos. We kinda have the opposite weather here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are darling. I can only imagine your garden is magical.

    ReplyDelete