1

1

June 2, 2013

Visiting Arabelle!

Arabelle napping with both eyes open after a game of "fetch".


Most of you will remember that back in September 2012, I had to made the heartbreaking decision to "rehome" my youngest corgi girl because of fighting issues.  Saturday I was invited over to visit her at her new home.  All the way there I lectured myself about how I "should" act.   No tears necessary, this is a happy occasion.  I rang their doorbell and while I was waiting, Arabelle came running and started barking.  Tears started streaming down my cheeks and I hadn't actually seen her.  So much for the lecture!
 
She was so happy to see me and I sat on the  floor with her during most of my visit.  Kari (her new mom) and I took Arabelle and Jenkins ( her corgi brother) outside to play fetch with the balls for a short period.  She was so cute!  At first she'd bring the ball back to Kari, but then she dropped it at my feet as if  she wanted me to be included (oh no, it's time for those tissues again).
 
She's adjusted so well!  Her new family loves her as much as I do and Arabelle adores Jenkins.  Kari says that's because she can boss him around and he doesn't even care.  There was an obvious amount of bonding and tenderness between the two.
 
My visit was short but then I got to see my beautiful granddaughter and her friends before they went to their high school prom.  One of the girls (yellow dress) lives on a lovely farm and all the pictures were taken on her property.  My granddaughter is wearing purple.  I love that they choose the barn as a backdrop! 

5 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of seeing a dog again that you really, really care about. It's overwhelming because of all the emotions that went into your letting them go. But I continue to admire you for finding what is the perfect home for Arabelle, and I'm glad that you get to see her now and then!

    What a lovely girl your granddaughter is as are the others, and what a treasure that photo is and will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice for you to see Arabelle again and even better to see she is happy. Bravo to your granddaughter graduating and she looks lovely.Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and Arabelle.

    It's hard to believe your granddaughter is graduating. I remember when she was... Time really flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so strong. I could never do that - or I don't think so anyway. I am so glad it went well. Tugs at my heart strings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that Arabella knew you, but sad too. I know how you must have felt. Your granddaughter is beautiful in that lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete