1

1

January 30, 2014

Sand and Snow

A friend offered me the use of her timeshare on the ocean this week.   Not even ten inches of snow in the forecast will keep me from heading to the ocean!  My neighbor and I drove there Monday night so we'd have all day Tuesday to play before the snow started that evening.  We found two great antique malls and had lunch at a beautiful waterfront restaurant.

 
 
Bootsie is the resident kitty at the antique mall.
Eight inches of snow fell Tuesday night and Wednesday morning the beach was beautiful.  This was the view from our ninth floor window.  We stayed in all day and evening and watched movies and read.


 We did invite a few feathered friends over for lunch.

 
 


This was the view from my bedroom this morning. I loved hearing the ocean waves before I went to sleep at night and seeing the sun rise over the water in the morning.  However, all great things come to an end and we had to head home this afternoon.  My corgi girls were glad to see me and it's always nice to get home after a short, relaxing trip. 
 
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. It might have been a short break but glad you enjoyed it and that you had such a lovely welcome home. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photo of the snow on the beach. I never think of a beach that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your getaway, Sharon. I bet you and your girlfriend had a great time in the antique shops! Love your sunset photograph, too. Isn't it nice going home to a welcoming committee? They're always so glad to see us again.
    xo
    Donna and Tag

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems so odd to have snow on the beach. :-)

    ReplyDelete