1

1

May 1, 2011

Hollyhocks and Roses


I finally made it to the plant sale on Saturday.  I bought a dwarf hollyhock plant that only gets about 28" tall and has a variety of different colored blooms on it.  Hope mine will look like this picture.  My mother always had hollyhocks in her garden (and at least one of every other flower) and I love them.  I remember the big black bumble bees loved them too!

Also, I found a spot that I think will be sunny enough for a Knock Out Rose, so I bought one. My hollyhock and rose bush are planted and I can't wait to see how well they will do in my soil and sun exposure!  Hopefully, I'll be sharing pictures before the end of summer.

3 comments:

  1. Hollyhocks are also my favorites! I planted them at my last house but haven't done that here--THANKS for the reminder to do it this year!! I'll look forward to your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did plant a few knock out roses, and there is another new one that is called the "Drift rose' which is supposedly easy care with constant blooms. There is an apricot and a lovely soft yellow. I too remember Hollyhocks as a child, that is why I love them so much! The old fashioned flowers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love hollyhocks and just planted two a week ago. for some reason, mine from last year didn't come back up...i thought they were perennials and hardy...

    ReplyDelete