1

1

January 16, 2012

Garden Cloche


The graphic of a cloche is from The Graphics Fairy
 The French developed the cloche, or bell jar, formed of a solid piece of glass shaped like a dome. The purpose was to protect an early garden plant from cold weather.


I love to see how others have used cloches in their decorating.  Below are the three that I have:


I use this one in my bathroom where I have a garden theme.


This cloche is only about six inches tall and I love using a tiny cup and saucer under it.

My wire cloche sits on the mantle.  I found it at Home Goods and it was very inexpensive.

If you have a cloche, send me a picture of how you've decorated it and I'll do a post of the pictures I receive.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed looking at your pictures; so pretty and dainty looking -- great way to incorporate the Graphics Fairy image! Can't share as I don't have any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures and great ides for using cloche.
    Unfortunately Mom broke the only one I had.
    I like the wire cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you have used your cloches. I never have plants small enough for the size cloches I can afford. I did find this photo of a wine glass being used as a cloche - you may have seen it: http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2012/01/vintage-garden-clip-art-glass-cloche.html People have such good imaginations... I can copy. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cloches! They would also make great terrariums!

    ReplyDelete