1

1

January 23, 2012

A Surprise in the Mail!


Today was one of those peaceful rainy days that I love!  I decided this morning to bake a pound cake for my dear neighbor who is always saving her delicious leftovers for me.

The highlight of my day was getting my mail.  Over the past several months I have gotten to be friends with Kathleen who writes Yesteryear Embroideries blog.  Kathleen does beautiful hand embroidered linens.  Today I received this embroidered dish towel from her.  Every embroidery stitch is perfect and I so appreciate her talent! 




Thank you, Kathleen, for this lovely gift! 

6 comments:

  1. Love your new header pictures! That little guy definitely looks like he needs a big ole smooch right on the top of his head!
    Delicious looking cake and beautiful embroidery -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks delicious and the teatowel is so pretty and well stitched. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon , you are more than welcome! I love the pretty cake, and have always loved that bunndt design, a pound cake is always perfect to bake! Have a blessed week. blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot to say I love that cake tin, have never seen anything so cute in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, what a pretty towel! Such a nice friend to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering: Are you going to use the towel for dishes? But that's what they did in my grandmother's days. This post brought me back to a less hurried time and place. And made me remember my grandmother and her embroidered dishtowels. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete