Today a dear friend brought me this pan of fresh picked strawberries. They are so sweet and delicious! I hope to get the other ingredients and try this recipe in the next few days.
Strawberry Mousse Sugar Cookie Cups
makes approx 30 cookie cups
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped strawberries, plus more for garnish *optional
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (16.5 oz) tube sugar cookie dough
- With your electric mixer beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth, about 30 seconds. Carefully stir in your Cool Whip. When combined fold in your chopped strawberries.
- Place bowl in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 ° and spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Place 1 1/2 teaspoons of cookie dough into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 8 minutes until they are just starting to golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle 4-5 white chocolate chips in each cup. The heat from the cookies will melt them. As soon as the chips are soft spread carefully in the bottom of the cookie cup.
- Release the cookies from the muffin tin by loosening with a knife. Let cool on a wire rack until ready to fill.
- When ready to fill the cups, use either a spoon or a piping bag (or ziplock) and fill each with about one teaspoon of mousse.
- Garnish with a strawberry slice, if desired.
Store in refrigerator after assembled or until ready to eat. Recipe adapted from Joy's Hope
I had to share this picture with you of my granddaughter several years ago. She's almost 13 now. Isn't this the sweetest little strawberry picker ever?