1

1

December 21, 2013

Saying Goodby to a Special Friend

Tod and Hanna
It's never easy to let go even when you know it's for the best.  This morning I had to say goodbye to my nineteen year old male kitty, Tod. His kidneys were shutting down and my vet said it was time to help him to the bridge.   He was the most loving and gentle creature I have ever known.  Until the last few weeks, he was by my side no matter what I was doing.  One of his favorite things was helping me change the sheets on my bed.  It was a game to him.  He loved to get under the fitted sheet and I'd tickle him.



Throughout the years, my pets have been such a joyful blessing to my life and this handsome guy was no exception!










11 comments:

  1. I am so sad about your kitty. You did the best thing for Tod even though it hurts to bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of Tod's passing, Sharon. Know that you and the girls are in our thoughts and prayers as you grieve the loss of your sweet pet.
    Sending hugs across the miles.
    xoxo
    Donna and Tag

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too our sorry to read about Tods' passing, We know it is even harder this time of year. Having just lost Pip we know that enjoying the holidays will be tinged with sadness. Your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Best wishes Mollly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about Tod. He was a beautiful fellow and your constant companion for so long. I came here to wish you all the best for the holidays, now I know that will be difficult for you. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry! What a beautiful boy he was! I had a kitty that looked a lot like him named Jazz....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry ...He is a beautiful star now =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sorry for your loss...it's been more than a year and I still miss my pretty girl but I know I will see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart goes out to you during this difficult time. It is apparent he was an angel. Now he has his wings to fly. Hugs,

    Deborah and Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tod was one of the fortunate ones...he had a good, loving home. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up on your news.... I am so, so sorry about the loss of your precious Tod. Our first cat lived to the same age, and with that, and having just lost our girl Wendy, I know how you are feeling to lose a companion that has been a part of your life for so long. I hope you are finding comfort in your memories and in knowing that you'll see him again one day--And what a wonderful day that will be!

    ReplyDelete