1

1

August 12, 2014

Lamp Projects


It's a wonderful rainy Tuesday in central VA  and it is a perfect time to share some of my recent projects with you. But first, I wanted to show you this lovely silhouette of my peacock feathers from Hopalong Hollow Farm.   When I look at them, I'm reminded me of the lovely afternoon I spent with my friend, Jeri,  recently.

Whenever I'm looking for treasures, I always look for the clear glass lamps that were used to display seashells probably in the 70's. They are easy to find. 


Do any of you remember the Piece Goods chain of fabric stores? This lamp is filled with spools of thread mostly from that store.  I spent so many hours shopping there when I was making clothes for my two little girls.


This lamp is filled with antique lace.  It will be for sale in my shop.


I'm still working on this one.  The inside isn't quite the way I want it yet.

Last week I feel in love with a pink floral blouse at a thrift store.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it but bought it anyway.   it made a gorgeous lampshade!





My friend asked me to embellish this cute lamp for her granddaughter's dorm room.  We used fabric that matches her comforter and bed linens.  The lamp was very inexpensive, around $16 at a discount store.

I saw the cutest lampshade recently that was covered with pages from a fabric children's book.  That's my next project when I find just the right book.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful lamps! I still can't believe you got to visit Jeri! Oh my gosh...I know it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great and how inventive and clever. We do love funky junk that gets given a new lease of life. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my dear. You've certainly been busy! Love your latest projects! Hope you and the girls are well.
    Hugs from hot, sticky FL to you and the girls!
    xo
    Donna and Tag

    ReplyDelete