1

1

October 2, 2014

Catching Up!

Trixie

A friend I met through my blog crocheted this 4 1/2 feet tall witch. Her name is Trixie and she's for sale in Bonnie's space in an antique shop in Roanoke.  Isn't she the cutest witch ever?  I would have a had time parting with her.

I've been working on projects for my shop.  I found this cute dressing table at GW for $10.  It was  mess (wish I had taken a before and after pic), lots of crayon marks, stickers and scotch tape all over it.  I cleaned it and spray painted it with a color that I love and use often (Jade). Getting an oval mirror cut for it was expensive even with me taking a piece of mirror to the glass shop. Lesson learned, don't take on projects with oval mirrors. Square or rectangular cuts are much less expensive.



I also found this lovely Susan Paley vase at GW this week for 2.25. It's rare to find one at GW.  She now has a new home on my mantle with all her relatives.

Lydia

I had dinner at my daughter's last night and my grandcat, Owen, was lounging in her Halloween decoration that she'll use to store candy in later.  It looks as if  he's thinking about what he wants to his costume to be this year.  

Owen


With permission, of course, I'd like to share this beautiful picture of Odin, a corgi friend from Facebook.  

Odin
If you've read my blog for a while, you'll remember a few years ago I had to rehome my beautiful fluffy corgi, Arabelle, because of fighting issues.  Well, tonight I am so excited!  Arabelle and her new mom are coming for a visit tomorrow.  It doesn't matter how much time passes between visits, I always feel like she remembers me.  She has a wonderful home and a family who adores her.

I will always love this girl!

6 comments:

  1. It may have been expensive but the dressing table looks great. Enjoy your time with Arabelle and her mum. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sharon- I'm so glad that you've been able to visit with Arabelle! I'm sure you've been missing her terribly.

    It's always wonderful to stop by to see what you've been doing. Hard to believe that the year is quickly coming to an end. Where has the time gone? sigh

    Take care and I'll visit again soon.
    xo
    Donna and Tag

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I stopped by! The witch is truly one of a kind. I would love to see the smile on your face when you see your old friend once again. I know he remembers you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's SO cute! I like your grandcat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long did it take for Trixie to be crocheted? She is awesome! Even though it is more expensive that little oval mirror makes the dresser! Love the kitty and dogie pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sharon,
    I was drawn by the Corgi title, (I'm a new Corgi mom) and enjoyed your blog very much, so now I'm your newest follower :-)
    Arabelle is a cutie pie. So nice that you can visit with her!
    We adopted a sweet Aussie, who seemed to be so loved and pampered by her previous owners (new baby nip issues) but we couldn't know who they were. We so would like to tell them what a good little girl she is and how much we love her! So I just think it is so sweet that you can visit with you friend Arabelle.

    Many Blessings, Linnie

    ReplyDelete