1

1

April 4, 2011

Multiple Corgi Sighting in New Bern, NC!


Today while shopping in the historic district of New Bern, I came across these corgi puppies and their mom, Abby, in one of the shops.

You can only imagine my excitement.  I actually got to hold one of the tri-colored pups and she was so soft and sweet!

New Bern, which is about 50 miles inland and lies between the Neuse and Trent rivers, is very  rich in history.  It was founded in 1710 and served as the state's first capital until it moved to Raleigh in 1792. 


Pharmacist, Caleb Bradham, mixed up a digestive aid in his drug store in New Bern  that would become known as Pepsi Cola . 

We saw some of the most beautiful homes, most of which were built in the early 1800's.

This was my favorite and I love their backyard garden!

4 comments:

  1. I love those pretty old homes. I miss the east coast and living in the colonies. :)

    Nothing like a bunch of cute puppies to brighten the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon:
    Beautiful homes! Now, about those puppies! Aren't they just adorable? I just want you to know that I'm thoroughly green with envy about your trip. Completely, utterly, totally Green. With. Envy!
    Hugs to you and Shell.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. those puppies are sooooo cute!


    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puppies are soooooo cute! That was a lot of them for that mommy to have! I love old houses! They just don't make them like that anymore.

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete