1

1

May 26, 2012

Ocracoke Island



A friend and I drove to Nags Head, NC, last Thursday morning to spend a few nights with another friend.  We decided to get  up early Friday morning, drive south to Hatteras (about 70 miles) and take the 40-minute ferry over to Ocracoke Island.   We drove through a few rain showers on the way but otherwise the weather was beautiful with lots of sunshine and breezes.  The beaches on the island are totally undeveloped and preserved.

We ate lunch at this restauarant and I would highly recommend it if you ever go to Ocracoke.



On the way back  that afternoon, we stopped in Rodanthe to see this cottage that was used in the Nicholas Sparks movie, Nights in Rodanthe.  It is now rental property.

The view from the market.

This morning I participated in the Manteo Market as a vendor. My sales were good and as always, I loved the market.


This mural of Manteo was painted on the wall in the restaurant where we ate lunch. 




The Roanoke Island Inn is about a block from the market.  I'd love  to stay there sometime when I participate in the market but I'm sure it is expensive!





No comments:

Post a Comment